BJA.org.uk - British Jewellers' Association - The Diamond Store.co.uk
We are proud to members of the British Jewellers' Association and feel that it is important for all UK based Jewellers to be associated regardless of whether they are traditional retail outlets or internet retailers like us here at The Diamond Store.co.uk.
The British Jewellers’ Association is the national trade association which promotes and protects the growth and prosperity of UK jewellery and silverware suppliers. With over 600 member companies, BJA represents manufacturers, bullion suppliers, casting houses, diamond and gem dealers, designer jewellers and silversmiths, equipment suppliers and wholesalers.
BJA has given strong leadership for the industry for almost 120 years and today, perhaps more than ever before, is involved in taking decisions, which will shape and influence the industry's future.
British Jewellers' Association Code Of Ethics
All members of the British Jewellers' Association are entrusted with the responsibility of sale and service of jewellery, watches and related products and services and therefore agree:
- To maintain the highest level of personal integrity, honesty and business ethics.
- To comply with all Government laws and regulations relating to the jewellery, watch and related industries.
- To support and abide by the Articles of Association and objectives of the British Jewellers' Association and this Code of Ethics.
- To Provide a standard of product and service policy regarding all merchandise and to fulfil that policy.
- To establish clearly the guarentee or service policy regarding all merchandise and to fulfil that policy.
- To provide knowledgeable and competent expertise and clearly indicate the true quality of products offered for sale.
- To adhere to sound business practices and thus ensure continuing service to customers and suppliers alike.
- To refrain from all forms of design copyright and trademark infringement.
- To refrain from trading in Conflict Diamonds
» Learn more about Conflict Diamonds
Our mission is to "promote and protect the growth and prosperity of UK jewellery & silverware manufacturers and suppliers." We are committed to:
- Helping members to improve productivity
- Increasing the UK market share for BJA members
- Increasing the share of export markets for BJA members
The BJA provides its members with a wide range of business services specially geared towards the jewellery and silverware industry and designed to save members time and money and lobbies Government, both here and in Europe, to make sure that the views of members are heard.
The BJA is part of the British Jewellery, Giftware and Finishing Federation – a group of six trade associations in the consumer goods field, based in Birmingham's historic Jewellery Quarter. It has its own permanent Secretariat, which is based in Birmingham. Managed by a Chief Executive, Geoff Field, who is responsible to the BJA National Committee under the leadership of an elected Chairman, Martyn Pugh, Designer Gold and Silversmith. Members are kept closely informed of all decisions taken by the committee and are encouraged to participate in the running of their association.
Further information and a list of members can be found here at the official website:
» Visit www.bja.org.uk
» Return to Help Index